During the Solar Fundamentals 1A online training, students will learn the theory behind solar energy, including identifying how the system’s location and orientation affects energy output. At the conclusion of this course, students will have gained the necessary skills to design a simple residential-sized grid-direct solar PV system using solar PV modules, inverter(s), and balance of system components (BOS).
- PV Markets & Applications – System Types, Energy Conservation, & Energy Efficiency
- Safety Basics – Electrical Shock, Arc Flash, & Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Electrical Basics – Ohm’s Law, Electrical Circuits, & Meters
- Solar Energy Fundamentals – Orientation, Shading, & Tools
- PV Module Fundamentals – Module Types, I-V Curves, & Bypass Diodes
- System Components – Modules, Inverters, & Balance of System Components
- PV System Sizing Principles – System Losses, Temperature Limitations, & Software Tools
- Photovoltaic Systems (Third Edition) by James P. Dunlop
- $799 (Cost includes book & online instruction.)
- Registration & payment must be completed at least two weeks prior to the course start date to receive the course materials on time.
- To register, contact Nichole Topham at (435) 865-3911.
Students completing Solar Fundamentals 1A & 1B meet the training requirements to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam.
-Instructor name not provided-
-Course instructor credentials not provided-
-Training provider credentials not provided-
-Course hours accreditation not provided-
A Home Power staff member will review all newly-submitted events before they're made public.