During the Solar Fundamentals 2B online training, students will learn the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements when designing, installing, and maintaining battery-based solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. At the conclusion of this course, students will have gained the necessary skills to design a residential-sized grid-direct solar PV system with generator backup using the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Solar Fundamentals 2A
- System Design – Client Needs, Energy Storage, & Wiring Calculations
- Electrical Components – Electrical Components, Circuit Conductors, & Battery Components
- Mechanical Components – Installing Foundations, Mounting Systems, & PV Modules
- System Installation – Testing & Commission
- Maintenance & Troubleshooting - System Operation, Corrective Actions, & Verify Improvements
- Photovoltaic Systems (Third Edition) by James P. Dunlop
- National Electrical Codebook (2014) by NFPA
- Ugly’s Electrical References (2014) by Jones & Bartlett
- $799 (Cost includes books & online instruction.)
- Registration & payment must be completed at least two weeks prior to the course start date to receive course materials on time.
- To register, contact Nichole Topham at (435) 865-3911.
Upon completion of Solar Fundamentals 2A & 2B, students will meet the training requirements to take the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam.
-Instructor name not provided-
-Course instructor credentials not provided-
-Training provider credentials not provided-
-Course hours accreditation not provided-
A Home Power staff member will review all newly-submitted events before they're made public.