- Do you live with renewable energy systems yourself?
- What is your motivation for working in this industry?
- How did you learn your trade?
- How many years have you been in business and how many systems have you installed?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured, and do you hold certifications?
- What certifications do your installers hold, and what ongoing training do they receive?
- Do you offer warranty support and service contracts?
- Can you provide me with business and customer references in my area?
- What sort of lead time will there be from the time I write the check until the time my system is producing renewable energy?
- Do you include energy-efficiency and conservation techniques in your site analysis to make sure I get the most out of my RE system?
- Do you have experience with both battery-based and batteryless systems, and on-grid and off-grid systems?
- What different module, turbine, and inverter choices do you offer?
- Do you give an accurate estimate of system production with your quotes?
- Do you install tilt-up and fixed towers?
- What are the tallest and shortest towers you’ve installed?
- How do you perform a wind site/resource assessment?
- What turbines have you installed, and what’s your track record for reliability and production?
- How will you measure head and flow?
- Do you work with high-head and low-head systems?
- What sorts of intakes do you install and how have they worked?
- How do you protect the flora and fauna in the streams you work on?
Solar Hot Water
- What types of SHW systems do you install, and what are your preferences?
- Do you use flat-plate collectors, evacuated tubes, or both? Why?
- How do you estimate and measure performance of the systems you install?