Title: Solar Technical Assistance Coordinator
Based at: MREA office in Custer or Milwaukee, WI
Appointment Date: To begin September 2014
Position Classification: Full-time, salaried
The MREA Solar Technical Assistance Coordinator is an 18 to 30-month grant-funded position that will work closely with the MREA Program Director and Executive Director to manage a statewide technical assistance grant program to support model, replicable financial arrangements for solar projects in Wisconsin. The position will also work closely with the Illinois Green Economy Network and the Minnesota Clean Energy Resource Teams to support related efforts in Illinois and Minnesota. With guidance from an Advisory Committee the position will work closely with MREA staff to identify funding priorities and target stakeholder groups, develop and promote the solicitation, coordinate application review and selection, manage technical assistance to grant recipients, and develop case studies with lessons learned for funded projects.
1. Administrative and Reporting
• Participate in the MREA Grow Solar Working Group and others as appropriate
• Conduct monthly and quarterly grant reporting
• Attend Board of Directors meetings, prepare reports, and present information as needed
2. Program Coordination
• Work with MREA Executive Director to establish the scope of work for program coordination in IL and MN and establish Solar Advisory Committee to guide technical assistance programs in each state.
• Develop program management plan and timeline for Wisconsin solicitation
• Work with MREA Executive Director and Program Director to host Solar Advisory Committee meeting to define program funding priorities and target stakeholder groups
• Develop technical assistance pool of contractors and outline scope of work
• Work with MREA staff and contractors to develop introductory resources, videos, and webinars on priority topic areas
• Develop grant solicitation forms and guidelines and review with Solar Advisory Group
• Develop outreach partnerships for program promotion and work with partners to solicit applications
• Manage application process and coordinate peer review and selection with Solar Advisory Group
• Work with MREA Executive Director and Program Director to manage technical assistance agreements with recipients
• Work with Advisory Committee and MREA Leadership to evaluate projects and develop case studies and lessons learned for dissemination
3. Outreach and Communication
• Work with Communications Coordinator to manage program web resources and digital outreach
• Work with staff and contractors to develop and deliver informational webinars
4. Human Resources
• Participate in staff evaluations, meetings, staff work days, and professional development days as appropriate
• Manage assistants and/or interns as needed
A successful candidate will be:
• Results oriented and self directed, with a passion for the MREA’s mission
• Organized and focused with proven ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholder groups
• Comfortable working in a cross-functional teams and building consensus among stakeholders
• An excellent written and verbal communicator who can demonstrate a depth of experience in professional communication
• Accustomed to working with a variety of computer programs, demonstrating proficiency in word processing, database, graphic design, and web applications
Preference will be given to candidates who has:
• An advanced degree in a related field
• Has 5+ year of project management experience
• Demonstrated technical understanding of solar energy and project finance
• Recent experience managing competitive grant solicitations
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a PDF that includes a cover letter detailing your qualifications, a resume including education and experience, and contact information for three professional references. All correspondence must be electronic and sent to Amiee Wetmore at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through 5pm Central Time on August 25, 2014.