The Events Assistant will support the organization and management of MREA events, including The Energy Fair, Solar Powering Minnesota, Solar Powering Illinois, Solar Thermal Conference, MREA trainings, and other events as needed. The position will assist with speaker scheduling, securing continuing education credits, marketing, content development and proofreading of outreach materials, data management, event logistics, materials preparation, volunteer management, and evaluations.
• Assist with reservations, permits, forms, and other logistics for MREA events
• Participate in MREA working groups as appropriate
2. Event Management
• Answer questions by email and phone, directing people to information about MREA events
• Assist the Events Coordinator in setting up and managing events, including printing badges, printing materials, organizing exhibitor resources, greeting and registering attendees, and managing evaluations
3. Marketing and Outreach
• Assist with updating the MREA website
• Staff MREA exhibit booth at outreach events
4. Energy Fair Workshops
• Solicit workshop presenters for The Energy Fair
• Assist with the coordination of CEC bearing workshops
o Contact and coordinate with CEC presenters
o Contact professional publications to target market CEC bearing workshops
• Enter all workshop presenters at proposed workshops into the Database
• Work with Events Coordinator to create general workshop schedule
• Confirm workshop times & locations with all presenters
• Coordinate on-site workshops solving workshop presenter issues
5. MREA Trainings
• Assist with CEC coordination as needed
• Administer NABCEP Entry Level Exams and reporting
• Prepare workshop materials and facilitate workshops as needed
6. Human Resources
• Participate in staff evaluations, meetings, staff work days, and professional development days as appropriate
7. Board Relations
• Prepare reports, present information, and attend board meetings as needed
A successful candidate will be:
• Results oriented and self directed, with a passion for the MREA’s mission
• Organized and focused with proven ability to prioritize and complete activities
• Able and willing to work additional hours during the preparation, management, and clean-up of the Energy Fair and other events.
• Comfortable working in groups and have experience staffing events and managing volunteers
• Accustomed to working with a variety of computer programs, demonstrating proficiency in word processing, database, and social media
• An excellent written and verbal communicator who can promote the MREA’s mission to the public and market stakeholders
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Have a bachelors or other advanced degree in a related field, including education, communication, marketing
• Have communications, graphic design, and website management experience
• Have 3 or more years of professional experience in a related field
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a PDF that includes a cover letter detailing your qualifications, a resume including education and experience, and contact information for three professional references. All correspondence must be electronic and sent to Amiee Wetmore at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, January 31, 2014.