PV150 Solar Installation Lab
Clock Hours: 24
Course Description: This course will provide an overview of the three basic PV system applications, primarily focusing on grid-direct systems. The goal of the course is to create a fundamental understanding of the core concepts necessary to work with all PV systems including: system components, site analysis, PV module criteria, mounting solutions, safety and commissioning. The course will also cover the basics of sizing a residential grid-direct system, wire sizing, overcurrent protection and grounding.
Students leave this workshop being able to:
* Analyze net metering and other incentives that affect the final cost of PV system
* Diagram an array in series and parallel configurations
* Size appropriate disconnects and overcurrent protection
* Discussions on specifications for a given module and determine a module's performance given various environmental conditions
* Determine performance of an array/system based on irradiance changes or for array orientation and tilt angle at a given site
* Determine the magnetic declination, find the orientation and altitude angle of the sun, and evaluate the shade potential for a given site
* Read equipment specification sheets to determine the critical information needed in system design
* Size a residential grid-direct system including the inverter, array, PV source and inverter output circuit conductors (basic) and overcurrent protection
* Determine the number of modules that can fit on a given roof space
* Identify the following wires and components on a three-line diagram of a residential grid-direct system: the array, disconnects, inverters, the equipment grounding conductors, ungrounded conductors, grounded conductors, the grounding electrode(s) and the system grounds
* List the order of commissioning and potential safety hazards for grid-direct
Enrollment is limited
Dates: June 1-3, July 27-29, Sept 21-23, Nov 30-Dec 2
8am-5pm - Friday-Sunday
Workshop Fee: $895
Go to www.eRenewableResource.com and click “REGISTER TODAY” or call us at (480) 446-0400!
-Course hours accreditation not provided-
A Home Power staff member will review all newly-submitted events before they're made public.