NEC Code Training with John Wiles. The 7-8 hour, one-day session will cover the 2011, 2014 and 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for designing and installing PV systems.
• Conductor selection, ampacity calculations and overcurrent devices and disconnects will be covered.
• How to do it correctly and what not to do.
• 2014 NEC requirements in major areas related to PV systems will be addressed.
• 2017 NEC requirements upcoming will be discussed.
• Electricians, electrical inspectors and PV installers should attend.
• PV installers will receive 6 hours of NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) continuing education credits.
Note: Basic knowledge of the NEC is required since Code basics will not be addressed.
John Wiles Bio:
• Active member on six UL Standards Technical Panels.
• Served as Secretary for the PV Industry Forum involved with Article 690 of the NEC. Over 30 submissions were accepted for the 2011 NEC and 55 proposals were submitted for the 2014 Code. Drafted the text for Article 690 in the 2005 NEC Handbook and 2008 NEC Handbook.
• Fieldwork involves balance of systems design for PV systems, inspections and acceptance testing of PV systems, test and evaluation of PV components, and the design and installation of data acquisition systems.
• Writes "Perspectives on PV" series of articles for the International Association of Electrical Inspectors
• Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
-Instructor name not provided-
-Course instructor credentials not provided-
-Training provider credentials not provided-
-Course hours accreditation not provided-
A Home Power staff member will review all newly-submitted events before they're made public.