$1295 – 48 Contact Hours
PV201 is a 5-day workshop taught from 9am-5pm each day at our regional solar field lab in Austin Texas. A blend of classroom and instructor-led labs along with the addition of six months of access to our online PV201e course give you a foundation of understanding for any job in the solar industry.
Students will get a chance to commission PV systems in our regional field lab. Our hands-on training is conducted in small groups to ensure concepts are grasped. PV201 labs and hands-on instruction includes:
- Solar PV Module Lab: Crystalline Silicon, Amorphous Silicon, and Copper Indium Gallium Diselenide Modules (HelioVolt)
- Safety, Meters, and Tools
- Site Assessment with the Solar Pathfinder and the Solmetric SunEye
- Grid-Tied Solar PV Installation on Slanted Rooftop
- Off-Grid Battery-based PV System Installation, Ground-Mounted
ImagineSolar has trained thousands of individuals who have gone on to be an integral part of the solar industry. Our instructors teach best practices using the most current technologies and methods. Our course instruction is continuously updated with the latest equipment as the solar industry expands and evolves.
A Home Power staff member will review all newly-submitted events before they're made public.