During the Solar Fundamentals 1B online training, students will learn the theory behind energy storage, including identifying how much energy is lost when charging and discharging batteries. At the conclusion of this course, students will have gained the necessary skills to design a simple residential-sized battery-based solar PV system using solar PV modules, charge controller(s), batteries, inverter(s), and balance of system components (BOS).
- Solar Fundamentals 1A
- PV System Components – Inverters, Chargers, Charge Controllers, & Energy Storage
- PV System Sizing Principles – Electrical Loads, Batteries, & Charge Controllers
- PV System Electrical Design – One-Line Diagrams, Overcurrent Protection, & Grounding
- PV System Mechanical Design – Mounting Methods, Environmental Conditions, & Mechanical Loads
- Performance Analysis, Maintenance, & Troubleshooting – Output Projections, Points of Failure, & Corrective Actions
- Photovoltaic Systems (Third Edition) by James P. Dunlop
- $799 (Cost includes book & online instruction.)
- Registration & payment must be completed at least two weeks prior to the course start date to receive course materials on time.
- To register, contact Nichole Topham at (435) 865-3911.
Students completing Solar Fundamentals 1A & 1B meet the training requirements to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam.
-Instructor name not provided-
-Course instructor credentials not provided-
-Training provider credentials not provided-
-Course hours accreditation not provided-
A Home Power staff member will review all newly-submitted events before they're made public.